NYSC Allowance For All States In Nigeria 2022
Bennievibez learnt that the Federal Government of Nigeria, through the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) pays monthly stipend to graduates undergoing the one-year mandatory program. In this article , we shall look at the NYSC allowance for the States in Nigeria 2022.
Federal Government allowance is N33,000, Meanwhile, Corps members also receive ‘State Allowance‘ from the State government where they are serving. But the amount each State government pays to Corpers differ. A crucial factor that determine many people’s choices of best states for NYSC is allowance, since no one would like to serve in a place where they literally receive little or no pay.
The Federal Govt of Nigeria through NYSC pays N33,000 to every serving Corps Member regardless to where they are serving. Aside that, there are usually other compensations. Such compensations include, State allowance, Place of Primary Assignment (PPA) allowance, and so on.
Yes, it does matter, the N33,000 FG pays to Corps members is not enough to sustain them throughout the month. Many Corps members usually go ‘stranded’ in the middle of the month without food and money. Therefore, paying them state allowance will be a kind of support, and it would go a long way to encourage them.
There is no fixed amount for state alawee. Some states pay, while some don’t even pay, especially when there is change in the government.
Below is the list of states in Nigeria and how much they pay Corpers;
- Anambra pays N8,000 to those in town and N8,500 to those in Rural areas.
- Jigawa pays N5,000: (15,000 for the first 3 months, and then 10,000 every 2 months).
- Niger pays N0.00
- Imo pays N0.00
- Ebonyi pays N9,750: But they STOPPED paying since May 2019.
- Nasarawa pays N5,000
- Akwa Ibom pays N5,000
- Edo pays N0.00
- Oyo pays N0.00
- Kano pays N0.00
- Rivers pays N15,000: Currently the highest paying State.
- Bayelsa pays N6,000 to those serving within the State Capital,N8,000 to those outside the capital, and N10,000 to those serving across the water.
- Abia pays N0.00
- Benue pays N0.00
- Plateau pays N0.00
- Enugu pays N983.45 to those serving within the towns and N3,984 to those serving in Rural areas.
- Sokoto pays N45,000 at the end of service year (accumulation of all months)
- Ekiti pays N0.00
- Osun pays N5,000
- Taraba pays N6,000
- Ondo pays N0.00
- Ogun pays N0.00
- Borno pays N10,000 (But the fear of Boko Haram may not allow you enjoy it)
- Delta pays N5,000
- Gombe pays N0.00
- Lagos pays N15,000 to those serving under Education, and N10,000 to those serving under agencies/ministries.
- Kaduna pays N0.00
- Zamfara pays N5,000
- Cross-River pays N0.00
- Kwara pays N0.00
- FCT Abuja pays N0.00
- Kogi pays N0.00
- Katsina pays N0.00
- Yobe pays N0.00
- Kebbi pays N2,000
- Adamawa pays N5,000
- Bauchi pays N0.00
** In addition, the Federal Govt pays N33,000 to all Corpers irrespective of where they serve. If you notice any mistake in the information above, kindly let us know in the comment section below.