Nigerian Newspapers, read top Newspaper Headlines Today, 19th March 2022 below.
Bennievibez has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper headlines today & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers today.
1. Ongoing reforms in the National Youth Service Scheme NYSC, may see prospective graduates facing prosecution in court if they fail to turn up for the annual service scheme for their fatherland. Director-General of NYSC, Major General Shuaibu Ibrahim made this known on Friday.
2. The Students Union body of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso, has given the LAUTECH chapter of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) 72 hours to withdraw from the ongoing strike. This was contained in a statement jointly signed by its President, Anuoluwa Adeboye, and Public Relations Officer, Gabriel Michael.
3. Armed Boko Haram insurgents suspected to be the ISWAP faction, yesterday invaded Gubio Local Government Headquarters of Borno State and abducted the Principal Medical Officer, PMO, Dr. Geidam Bulama, who is the only Medical Doctor serving in the whole council.
4. The Academic Staff Union of Universities has kicked against the initiation of new bills for the creation of new universities in Nigeria. ASUU wondered why the government would push for the creation of new universities while ignoring the existing ones currently in dilapidated states.
5. The Police Command in Borno State has arrested a suspect who specializes in defrauding victims by pretending to be a spirit with powers to make them wealthy. The Commissioner of Police (CP), Abdu Umar, on Friday, said nemesis caught up with the suspect, a member of a three-man gang.
6. The Federal Government has said the provisions of Section 84(12) of the Electoral Act 2022 will be deleted. Abubakar Malami, Attorney General and Minister of Justice made the government’s position known in a statement, Friday night.
7. Contenders for the office of the All Progressives Congress (APC) National chairman have submitted their expression of interest and nomination forms at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja, ahead of the March 26 national convention of the party. Party insiders revealed that President Muhammadu Buhari endorsed Senator Abdullahi Adamu at a crucial meeting of APC stakeholders in Aso Rock, however, others have refused to step down.
8. President Muhammadu Buhari has returned to Abuja on Friday, following a medical check-up in London, UK. The president had earlier embarked on a two weeks medical trip to London for check-ups.
9. Russia has assured that it would continue to provide necessary assistance to ensure the safety and well-being of Nigerian citizens in the Russian Federation amid the ongoing war between it and Ukraine. This was contained in a statement issued on Friday by the Embassy of Nigeria in Moscow, Russia, on the sideline of the meeting between officials of the two countries.
10. The Nigeria Export Promotion Council, NEPC, on Friday said between 2019-2021, Nigeria exported non-oil products worth $3.455 billion. The National Executive Director of NEPC, Ezra Yakusak, disclosed this to newsmen in Owerri while speaking on the non-oil export for survival agenda of NEPC.