google-site-verification=xiLLEbseTQMwQrNamqzzaPGSXDMJzwdwJOg0caDGwUM
Connect with us

#ENSARS

Lagos #EndSARS panel report fake, no massacre was committed: Lai Mohammed

Published

on

Lai Mohammed, the Information minister on Monday said the report of Lagos Judicial Panel of Inquiry that probed the aftermath of October 2020 military shooting of protesters in Lekki should be disregarded as fake.

Mr Mohammed insisted there was no massacre, contrary to the panel’s findings that at least eleven unarmed civilians were shot dead at Lekki Toll Gate by soldiers deployed by the Nigerian Army.

“There’s absolutely nothing in the report that is circulating to make us change our minds that there was a massacre in Lekki on October 20, 2020,” Mr Mohammed said at a press briefing in Abuja on Monday.

The Lagos judicial panel on #EndSARS released its findings earlier this month, noting that the “officers of the Nigerian Army shot, injured and killed unarmed helpless and defenceless protesters, without provocation or justification, while they were waving the Nigerian flag and singing the national anthem and the manner of assault and killing could in context be described as a massacre.”

Advertisement

The report submitted to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu shows there had been blood and bodies of massacred protesters, revealing that the Nigerian soldiers stole the corpses and wiped clean the crime scene to hinder further investigations by the panel.

The panel also demanded that the Buhari-led regime tender a public apology for the Lekki Tollgate massacre perpetrated by the Nigerian soldiers, as well as a declaration of October 20 as a national remembrance day to honour the fallen young Nigerians.

In the past year, Mr Mohammed has repeatedly said that no protesters died at the tollgate despite multiple reports stating otherwise. Mr Mohammed also attacked international media that reported the killings by the Nigerian Army.

In October, on the first anniversary of the massacre, Mr Mohammed, in a press briefing, further insisted there was no proof that any protester was killed at the tolls. In his statement, he described the incident as a “phantom massacre.”

The minister’s press statement today comes a day after United States Secretary of State Antony Blinken said the Nigerian government’s response to the recommendations of the panel report will inform the Biden administration’s next line of action.

Advertisement

Leave your vote

#ENSARS

JUST IN: Falz, Mr Marcaroni Blasts Lagos Governor, Babajide Sanwoolu For Inviting Them To Peace Walk

Published

on

Nigerian Musician Folarin Falana (Falz) and Instagram comedian Debo Adebayo (Mr Marcaroni) have delclined the invitation of Lagos Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu to a peace walk for “the healing of Lagos”.

The duo, in their separate reactions, rejected the invitation.

Mr Marcaroni said genuine peacemaking should begin by first implementing the recommendations of the panel.

Falz, on his part, described the ‘walk of peace’ as a joke and a very disrespectful one at that.

Advertisement

But Segun Awosanya popularly known as Segalink said Sanwo-Olu has shown leadership with his mature response to the current controversy.

The Nation reports Sanwo-Olu, on Tuesday, had invited some known faces of the EndSARS protest in the State in October 2020 to a peace walk slated for December.

The Governor, in his speech, specifically invited Folarin Falana (Falz), Debo Adebayo (Mr. Marcaroni), Dele Farotimi, Temitope Majekodunmi, Segun Awosanya (Segalink), Adedotun (Just Detoun), Seun Kuti, Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu and Commander of Rapid Response Squad (RRS), CSP Yinka Egbeyemi and others to join him in the “historic march for our dear Lagos.”

Responding, Mr. Macaroni said: “I humbly refused the invitation of Mr Governor. The Government themselves set up a panel. The panel has made recommendations.

“I believe that genuine peacemaking will begin by first implementing the recommendations of the panel. Then we can begin to trust the government.

Advertisement

“Mr Governor has said it in his speech that to be a Centre of Excellence, we have to be a Center of Truth. Before there can be healing, the government has to be sincere. There must be acceptance of wrongdoings and willingness to correct them.

“The last walk wey I do, na so dem bundle me, strip me naked, brutalize and dehumanize me. I no carry gun, I no carry weapon. As dem dey beat me, dem dey ask why I dey disturb Mr Governor. Now dem say make I come do walk. For another round of beating??

“Abeg o. If I wan lose weight, I go go gym. Same peaceful Walk wey Nigerian Youths do wey dem kill them? Some are still in prison.. Some have gone into hiding. Their lives no longer theirs all because we decided to walk against police brutality.”

Falz said: “This suggestion of a ‘walk of peace’ sounds like a joke and a very disrespectful one at that. People were murdered in cold blood and absolutely no iota of justice has been served more than a year after. How can there be peace without justice?

“In this same speech, you said ‘To be a smart city, we first must be a just one. Remember the young Nigerians that had their lives snatched away by weapons wielded by our own Armed Forces? You want to sweep that under the carpet? Is that how to establish a just city? #ENDSARS

Advertisement

“Young Nigerians, till today, are still being constantly harassed and extorted by police officers!! You were awfully quiet about that. Or are you not aware? #ENDSARS.”

Segalink, in his reaction, said: “Mr Governor @jidesanwoolu has shown leadership with this matured response and we hope the WhitePaper will mirror his sentiment. We all want closure, Justice and healing for our society. The experience of 20th October 2020 must never be repeated. #EndImpunity.

Leave your vote

Continue Reading

#ENSARS

Nigerians Apologize to Dj Switch after the List of People killed at Lekki toll Gate leaked Online and who gave the Order [Photos]

Published

on

OAP Dotun has celebrated DJ Switch after the Lagos panel indicted the Army and Police over the Lekki tollgate shooting incident calling her a hero and saying they failed her

The incident that occurred at Lekki tollgate became something that the leaders of Nigeria didn’t want to accept that lives were lost but guess all that has been put to rest since the Lagos panel has disclosed that indeed some lives were lost while others are missing.

Nigerian rapper Folarin Falana famously known as Falz has reacted to the Nigerian Army and Police indictment on the Lekki Massacre, which happened on 20th October 2021.

Bennievibez Blog earlier reported that the Lagos judicial panel on police brutality on Monday, finally submitted its report to the state government.

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu received it at the Government House in Ikeja.

Advertisement

The panel submitted two sets of reports: a consolidated report on police brutality cases and the Lekki incident investigation.

The panel, in its report, found “From the evidence of General A.I.Taiwo (Commander, 81 Military Intelligence Brigade, Nigerian Army, Victoria Island, Lagos) on pages 6, 7, 21, 22, the Panel finds that the Nigerian Army fired both blank and live bullets at the Lekki Toll Gate on October 20, 2020, for the following reasons:

Apart from the military men in uniform, the Army left its base with vehicles, rifles and guns, containing live and blank bullets. General Taiwo admitted on page 22 that the Army went to the Lekki Toll Gate with live ammunition.

As of October 30, 2020, when the Panel visited the Lekki Toll Gate for its on the spot assessment, it recovered two bullets shells duly analyzed by the forensic expert hired by the Panel, Sentinel, who is very familiar with weapons used by the Nigerian Army.

These bullet shells were said to be the same as or similar to those usually used by the Nigerian Army, and they have expended shells, meaning they were fired live at the Lekki Toll Gate.

Responding to this, Falz, in a post made on his Instastory, lambasted the Nigerian Government, describing them as animals who made the youth doubt their sanity about the Lekki Massacre.

Advertisement

Falz added that the Lagos #EndSars had compiled their report, and everything is now more transparent.

He wrote: These animals legit made us doubt our sanity about the Lekki Massacre you know. Panel don compile their report an. We gather dey!

CLICK HERE TO SEE FULL LIST

Leave your vote

Continue Reading

#ENSARS

#EndSARS: Full List Of Protesters Killed, Injured At Lekki Toll Gate

Published

on

The Lagos state Judicial Panel of Inquiry on Restitution for Victims of SARS Related Abuses and other matters on Monday revealed that not less than 11 #EndSARS protesters were murdered at the Lekki tollgate on October 20, 2020.

The panel stated this in the report submitted to the Lagos State Government on Monday.

According to the report submitted by the panel, eleven protesters were confirmed dead while four others were “missing presumed dead”.

48 others suffered injuries during the protest, with 20 securing gunshot injuries, while 13 others were assaulted by the military and police.

The panel also noted that 96 other corpses were presented by a Forensic Pathologist of Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Professor John Obafunwa.

Advertisement

See the full list below:

The report partly reads, “The evidence before the panel shows that after the Nigerian Army left, Nigeria Police Force, followed up with the killing of the protesters, shooting directly at fleeing
protesters into the shanties and the Lagoon at the Lekki Phase 1 Foreshore, close to the Lekki Toll Gate, floating corpse and one-shot close to Serah Ibrahim.

“Several unidentified bodies were removed by security agencies and LASEHMU (Lagos State Environmental Health Monitoring Unit) and deposited at various hospital mortuaries in Lagos State.

“Three trucks with brushes underneath were brought to the Lekki Toll Gate in the morning of October 21st October 2020 to clean up the scene of bloodstains and other evidence.

“The testimony and report of Professor John Obafunwa, a Forensic Pathologist of Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, showed that three corpses were deposited at the Mainland Hospital, Yaba Hospital, all from the Lekki Toll Gate and the autopsy conducted thereon revealed death from bleeding caused by penetrating objects or rifled weapon.

“The Panel finds that the fact of lack of identity of some of the other 96 corpses on the list supplied by Professor Obafunwa would not obliterate the fact that some of them could have come from the Lekki Toll Gate Incident of October 20, 2020, or that some other unidentified corpses may have been removed by their families or the military, as claimed by the EndSARS protesters, far and beyond the list tendered by Professor Obafunwa.”

Advertisement

Leave your vote

Continue Reading

#ENSARS

#EndSARS Memorial: Sniper allegedly spotted atop building near Lekki toll gate (Video)

Published

on

A video currently circulating on social media shows an alleged sniper positioned atop a building close to the Lekki toll gate in Lagos state.

Nigerians on Wednesday, besieged the toll gate to embark on a memorial protest in honour of #EndSARS protesters who lost their lives during the Lekki shooting incident of October 20, 2020.

The Lagos state police command, few days ago had warned against the memorial protest, saying it would not hesitate to use all legal means to stop the protest from taking place following the experience of the last #EndSARS protests.

In a video which was shared online, some motorists driving on the toll gate appeared to have captured someone believed to be a sniper as he laid atop a building watching events unfold.

They then called out to him, although he was too far to hear them.

Advertisement

Watch video: [Note: You may need your VPN turned on to view Twitter video if you are resident in Nigeria]

A sniper,even for the memorial 💔 😢#EndSARSMemorialpic.twitter.com/

Leave your vote

Continue Reading

#ENSARS

[BREAKING] #EndSARSMemorial: Falz, Mr Macaroni join car procession at Lekki tollgate

Published

on

Rapper and actor, Folarin Falana, professionally known as Falz The Bhad Guy, and Comedian Debo Adebayo, popularly known as Mr Macaroni, have joined the car procession at the #EndSARSMemorial protest at Lekki tollgate in Lagos.

This is despite a ban on protests in Lagos and the heavy presence of armed police personnel at the tollgate.

READ ALSO: [BREAKING] #EndSARSMemorial: Police arrest protesters at Lekki tollgate (Video)

The celebrities and other activities who turned up at the tollgate with their cars were seen waving Nigerian flags from inside the vehicles and honking the horns while singing solidarity songs.

Some of the activists who spoke to newsmen stated that they will continue going to and fro the tollgate as their own way of protesting against the alleged killing of protesters at the tollgate on October 20, 2020.

Advertisement

The tollgate was the epicentre of the protests against police brutality and bad governance last year October.

Youths who gathered day and night at the tollgate were dispersed from the location by gun-wielding soldiers on October 20, 2020, an action which some quarters believe led to the loss of lives.

This was followed by the destruction of private and public properties by hoodlums in Lagos, an incident that informed the ban on protests issued by the police in the state.

Leave your vote

Advertisement
Continue Reading

#ENSARS

#EndSARSMemorial: Police have no power to stop protests, Sowore insists

Published

on

Omoyele Sowore, Nigerian Human rights activist, has revealed that the Lagos State Police Command have no power to stop street protests.

He made this known in a statement on Tuesday titled, ‘A Rejoinder to Nigeria Police Force Lagos Command!’, where he insisted that the planned protests would still hold on the 20th of October.

READ ALSO: Sanwo-Olu Meets Finally Meets Artist Bodataiye Oniyakuya To Receive Funny Portrait Of Himself And Pays For The Portrait [Photos]

Entertainers and key players in the protest Falz and Mr Macaroni, had earlier announced that a memorial car procession would be held at Lekki Tollgate in Lagos.

However, the police had revealed that only indoor and virtual protests would be permit on Wednesday.

Advertisement

Responding to that, Sowore said, “Our attention has been drawn to the latest statement credited to the Lagos state Command of the Nigeria Police to the effect that no “street protests” will be allowed tomorrow (Wednesday) to mark the historic #Endsars rebellion of 2020 and its attendant fallout due to police repression and Nigerian army’s murderous intervention.

“We state unequivocally that it not within the powers of the Nigerian police to stop citizens from engaging in street protests, the right to engage in protest against unjust policies, tyranny and oppression is an inalienable right and as such these latest claims are at best superfluous and belligerently arrogant.

“We urge the police authorities to ensure they carry out their duties to protect protesters who will be on the streets by way of cars, bicycles, tricycles, skateboards and by foot all over Lagos and its environs tomorrow (Wednesday).

“The Lagos state police commissioner will be personally held liable if anything untoward happens to any Nigerian citizen engagin lawful protest during the #Endsars anniversary.

“We urge our compatriots to remain steadfast and prepare fully to carry out their conscientious duties and historical tasks tomorrow(Wednesday).”

Advertisement

Leave your vote

Continue Reading

Trending

Log In

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.